Thursday, October 13, 2011

bird in the marsh


Sue sent me this yesterday, and she added:


I had a great day today, and I thought you would love to be here sketching. The marshes are starting to turn their golden autumn hue. I went to Cockle Cove for the afternoon to shoot heron in the marsh. I had a fabulous time with all kinds of birds, including this red tail hawk, which was about 15 feet away from me. I had decided to take one more walk around before heading home, and was I ever glad I did! He zoomed into a tree about 15 feet from me. I got quite a few good photos because he was so close. He was very loud too-- bleating away, especially when he took off.




Ohmygosh.
Isn't the bird in the marsh incredible! the bird in the marsh and, OH, the bird in the marsh, a-flapping.
(And wow, these photos!)

No comments:

Post a Comment